As we head into Mental Health Awareness Month, we know that it’s never been more important to establish a routine that helps maintain a strong mental wellbeing, particularly after the stressful year we’ve endured during the pandemic. Luckily, there are many notable apps available to help you establish a routine that aims to protect your mental health, all with their own unique way of doing so. In the spirit of Mental Health Awareness Month, we have put together a list of the best apps available for a sound mind for you to explore:
- BuzzBell: We created BuzzBell in order to foster meaningful connections and offer peace of mind. BuzzBell provides that unique reassurance and tranquil feeling of confidence knowing that you’ll never miss an important call or text, while allowing you to disconnect from your phone. That way, you can take the time to enroll in that yoga class, or read the book you’ve been trying to finish with your device on Silent mode. Whether there’s an emergency or a friend is sharing wonderful news, with BuzzBell, you’re guaranteed to always be up-to-date with life’s most important moments when someone needs to reach you.
- Calm: The #1 app for sleep and meditation, Calm provides a plethora of guided meditations and sleep stories to aid people who deal with chronic stress, anxiety, and insomnia. It’s no secret that the more you sleep, the better you feel, but falling asleep and staying asleep isn’t always so easy. Calm provides solutions to both. Plus, mediation can give you a sense of inner peace and balance that can benefit both your emotional well-being and overall health.
- Paint By Number: Did you know that coloring can relax the adult brain just as much as it can a child’s? Studies have shown that coloring aids in distracting your mind and combating stress. It’s a great way to spend down time at home or on a commute, and is available in book-form and an app. Paint By Number is a pixel art game where you can paint, color, and draw various artwork based on the numbers presented.
- Apollo Neuro: A wearable with a corresponding app, Apollo Neuro is a scientifically proven device that aids in combating stress and improving mood. The wearable sends gentle vibration to the wrist or ankle, and the app provides a variety of vibration settings depending on your needs, including better sleep, social anxiety, and more.
- MyFitnessPal: Managing your food consumption is an important part of taking care of your mental well being. Studies have determined that eating is a common reaction to feeling stressed, most commonly known as “stress eating,” which can then create a cycle of tension with your mind. MyFitnessPal is a food and nutrition app that not only helps with logging meals, but also provides advice and guidance for healthier eating habits. It is an excellent tool to help manage your food consumption and decrease the urge to stress eat.
While managing stress is a highly personalized experience, we hope that these resources will help you usher in a peace of mind.